Q. Is it possible to have stock by variant?
A. Yes, it is possible.
You can use the Option combinations feature in this case. So I suggest that you should create option combinations and specify the necessary quantity for each option combination. In order to create it you should do the following:
1) In the CS-Cart administration panel, go to Products > Products.
2) Click on the name of the necessary product.
3) Select the Track with options option in the Inventory drop-down list and click the Save button.
4) Open the Options tab and click on the Edit link of the necessary option.
5) Select the Inventory check box and click the Save button (repeat steps 4-5 for every necessary product option).
6) Click on the Option combinations link.
7) In the opened window, click on the rebuild option combination link.
8) Specify quantity for the necessary option combinations and click the Save button.
Please note that the Track with options option will be available in the Inventory drop-down list only after one or more options for a product are created. If no options are created for a product, the Track with options option will not be displayed in the Inventory drop-down list on the editing product page.
You can now see the stock of all your product option combinations in the following way:
1) In your CS-Cart admin panel, go to Adminstration > Export Data > Products > Product combinations.
2) On the opened page, click the Export button to save a .csv file.
After this you will see the stock in the exported .csv file.
As regards adding option combinations to all your products at once, you can implement it with using a .csv file via the Import data feature:
1) In your CS-Cart admin panel, go to Adminstration > Import Data > Products > Product combinations.
2) On the opened page, select a .csv file with option combinations in the Select file section and click the Import button.
Note that the imported .csv file should have the same fields format as the .csv file that you export in order to see the stock.
If you want to add the same product options to all products at once, I suggest that you should use the Global Product Options feature. More information about how to create global options you can find in our Knowledge base: